General Provisions on Admission
General Provisions on Admission to Undergraduate Programs
- Admission to all regular undergraduate programs are processed according to the University’s admission policies and procedures.
- Admissions to all undergraduate continuing, summer and distance education programs shall be processed through the Directorate for Continuing and Distance Education and Postgraduate Program Directorate taking into account the Senate’s criteria applicable to it.
- Criteria for special admissions to individual programs shall be developed and recommended by college academic commissions and endorsed by Recruitment and Admission Committee (RAC)
- The University may determine special admission procedures for female students, students with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups.
- The spouse or children of the University permanent employee, from any public university, can be transferred to and admitted into a study program of the University. However, the field of study will remain as assigned by the Ministry of Education before the transfer.
General Provisions on Admission to Postgraduate Programs
- Admissions to all postgraduate programs shall be processed in accordance with the provisions in the Legislation and the criteria and rules for special admissions to individual graduate programs that shall be developed and recommended by the Graduate Program Committee (GPC) with the consent of department graduate committees and endorsed by the GPC and/or the Senate.
- Colleges with approval of the GPC and endorsement by the Senate may design non-thesis option graduate programs.
- The Graduate Program Committee shall approve admission calendar and number of graduate students to be enrolled in the different programs
- Admission shall take place once in a year in a given program and modality (regular, summer, etc.).
- A candidate with previous outstanding academic records, professional experience and good recommendations shall be given priority for admission. However, recommendations from the employer would not be required at the University level. Colleges and departments shall have the discretion to request recommendations and determine the weights to be attached to them.
- The University may determine special admission procedures for female students, students with disabilities, students from less developed regions, and students from nationalities with low participation in education due regard given to maintaining the standard of excellence of the University.
Eligible applicants to the Summer Program of the University may fall into any one of the following four categories:
Admission to all undergraduate programs of the College of the Continuing and Distance Education (continuing education, distance education and summer program) is processed by the CCDE in collaboration with the other colleges is granted by RAC.