Our licensed medical and support staff provides primary health care and other services such as:
The process of categorizing and prioritizing patients with the aim of providing the best care to as many patients as possible with the available resources
A sudden and usually unforeseen event that calls for immediate measures to mitigate impact
Outpatient department Services
In our health center set-up any service or treatment that doesn’t require hospitalization will provide in outpatient department. We have three outpatient departments in the health center and one in all campus clinics Outpatient service centers usually specialize in one type of treatment or procedure. And the staff usually has a lot of experience that is focused on the procedure you need. Also, the equipment and techniques used may be the most advanced
Services provided and Functions of OPD
- Early diagnosis, curative, preventive & rehabilitative care on ambulatory basis
- Effective treatment on ambulatory basis
- Screening for admission to health center
- Follow up care & care after discharge
- Promotion of health by health education
- Rendering of preventive health care
- Promotion of health through health education
- Training of medical / nursing students
Keeping up to date records for future treatment, medical education,
Patients undergoing inpatient care tend to have serious, sometimes life-threatening conditions. Depending on the severity of their condition, some patients may stay in our health center for overnight, a few weeks while others stay only a couple of days or whether briefly or for an extended period of time. Physicians keep these patients at the health center to monitor them more closely. Examples of inpatient care include:
- Rehabilitation services
- Serious Illnesses that require a patient to be monitored overnight in our health center.
We have seven beds in male ward, five beds in female ward, two beds in maternity ward, two beds in isolation ward and two special beds.
The Laboratory Service Department conducts tests on blood, urine, stool, tissues and body fluids to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. Laboratory tests are also used to monitor treatment.
The Department operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Services are provided to patients in acute and long-term care facilities, to physician offices, and the student and the surrounding community. Laboratory Services include
- Complete Blood Count(CBC)
- Blood chemistry
- urinalysis all type
- Telehealth Virtual Appointments
- Psychiatric Services
- Counseling Services
- Tuberculosis TB Screening services
- Ultrasound service
- Monitoring of prescription,
- Drug procurement,
- Counselling of patients,
- Dispensing of medicines, and
- Evaluation for the betterment of patients
Maternal and child health and Sexual and Reproductive Health Service
- Delivery, and postnatal care;
- Vaccination coverage; and
- Common childhood illnesses (fever, acute respiratory tract infections and diarrhea) and their treatment
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Service
- Ambulance services
Qualified and motivated human resource (HR) is essential for a qualitative and robust health care delivery.
Human resources, when pertaining to health care, can be defined as the different kinds of clinical and non-clinical staff responsible for public and individual health intervention As arguably the most important of the health system inputs, the performance and the benefits the system can deliver depend largely upon the knowledge, skills and motivation of those individuals responsible for delivering health services
As well as the balance between the human and physical resources, it is also essential to maintain an appropriate mix between the different types of health promoters and caregivers to ensure the system's success.